Thursday, January 11, 2007

Car-free

The car free experiment is going very well; although, I must admit that I changed the rules a little bit.

I have not driven my car in over a week now and it has not been a problem. I am enjoying riding my bike around a lot. I have ridden in my boyfriend's car twice, but he was already going somewhere, so I went along for company. As much as I would like to avoid getting into a car period, I have to be sensible. So, new rule is: no cars unless the person is already going AND it is really inconvenient for me to ride bike or walk to meet them there. Still, 2 car rides in one week is not much.

I start teaching again next Tuesday, so I'll be on my bike about 7 each morning. This will be the real challenge since my sleeping schedule has been really out of wack for the past few weeks. Still, I love the feeling of arriving in class after a bike ride. I am always so pumped up for the day.

I was keeping track of milege on the bike, but accidently reset it. For the week, I estimate it was about 40 miles. I expect this will increase as the semester begins.

No comments: